Leia: “They’re getting closer.”
Han Solo: ”Oh, yeah? Watch this.” [Han throws a lever, only to have the engine sputter and die.]
Leia: “Watch what?”
Han Solo: ”I think we’re in trouble.”
C-3PO: “If I may say so, sir, I noticed earlier the hyperdrive motivator has been damaged. It’s impossible to go to lightspeed.”
Han Solo: ”We’re in trouble.”
Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back
It’s that time of year again. Time to realize that a large portion of our summer’s Big Plans just didn’t fan out.
- I didn’t have a girls-only camping trip – not when your camping buddy’s mom gets her leg amputated the day before you’re supposed to head out.
- We didn’t get the garage painted before September – waiting on replacement parts for our custom cut siding. And for the record, who puts custom cut siding on a frickin garage?
- Padawan Learner didn’t get his science and logic books finished (from last year’s program) – despite being perpetually “almost done”. (He’ll finish them today, under my watchful eye.)
- Dad Windu still doesn’t know the long-term status with his job – he’s been on the one week at a time plan since mid-March.
- I didn’t pick up a single Dutch book all summer long.
- My yard is still full of weeds and the flower beds aren’t cleared out completely either.
- We didn’t make it out to BC or CA to visit friends and family – and it looks unlikely for fall as well.
- We got one, single, minuscule tomato to ripen – thanks to a cold, wet non-summer.
What didn’t you get done?