“The Chancellor is behind everything, including the war. Palpatine is the Sith Lord we’ve been searching for.” - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith
Wendy, from Athena Academy, wants to know the 10 things I’ve done once in my life which I wouldn’t want to repeat, ever. Wow, I only get to pick 10? OK, but from here on out, I get to blame all of these things on The Chancellor.
- Using assorted “herbs” and “chemical spices” as a teenager, because a new friend said it was great fun. Not so much.
- Having the skin ripped off my hands because I froze when my horse completely freaked out getting into our new trailer and, thus, I didn’t let go of the rope.
- Riding in a horseshow, in leather gloves, for 8 hours after the aforementioned skin was ripped off.
- Taking the local train (after an overnight flight to The Netherlands) from Amsterdam all.the.way.down to Maastricht because I misinterpreted sneltrein to mean slow train – get it: snel sounds similar to snail. (It literally means ‘fast train’).
- Calling a friend in Germany using my AT&T phone card, instead of back home to Dad Windu, because I figured “It’s closer, so it’ll be lots cheaper.” Visual path of phone call from The Netherlands to Germany using an AT&T phone card: The Netherlands –> USA –> Germany Bill for one month of ‘cheaper’ calls to neighboring Germany: $300 USD
- Working a 36 hour shift – and then driving 35 minutes home.
- Driving 8 hours, in and out of a blinding snowstorm, to visit Dad Windu while we were at different schools. Only to returning in the same manner 48 hours later.
- Flying into a wall and breaking my wrist because my cousins wanted to play “The Flying Game.”
- Crashing the family truck after having my driver’s license barely a month.
- Saying that final goodbye to my childhood’s best-friend-in-the-whole-world.
I’d love to hear your 10 things. Yes, I mean you. Let me know when you post yours.