Supreme Chancellor: “Remember back to your early teachings. ‘All who gain power are afraid to lose it.’ Even the Jedi.”
Anakin Skywalker: “The Jedi use their power for good.”
Supreme Chancellor: “Good is a point of view, Anakin.”
Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith
OK, the Supreme Chancellor is a bit twisted in his interpretation of things, to be sure, but still here are a few good things I’m thankful for today:
- The weather lately has been so pleasant for walking to work in, for sitting on the patio, for roaming the neighborhood
- The school year is coming to an end again for Padawan Learner. The more he attends, the more I enjoy his breaks from the daily go-go-go of early up, early out, perpetually sleep-deprived teenager
- Padawan Learner’s land-speeder is continuing to hold it together. We just need it to get to June…
- Our tickets to visit Canada are purchased, 2 of our 3 passport renewals have been completed (last one went in today), and the time is sure to come faster than we can even expect
- We have a quickie trip back to Michigan planned in the near future. It will be wonderful to see some old friends and family again.
- We’re all healthy. This really should be first. I’m coming to realize more and more that good health is paramount.
- Dad Windu is still one of my favorite people..
- Padawan Learner is more interesting than exasperating these days. They really do grow up given enough time (and with a lot of tongue biting on everyone’s part)
- Shmi Skywalker, aka my mom, tells me that she’s making two trips out this summer, one with my brother, Plo Koon, and another with my sister, Kit Fisto. Neither have been here before.
- DW’s sister (Padme Amidala) and her son (also known as PW’s nemesis during their early years, Sebulba) are also planning a visit.
- My Fox Barrel Pacific Pear cider is utterly delicious and doesn’t give me a tummy ache.
- Padawan Learner received two awards from a couple of his classes for exceptional progress and going above and beyond in the class.
- DW and I were able to roam about a construction site nearby. That’s always a good time, and I always learn something new. This one showed several layers of historic road that was quite interesting – old tram lines still in place, filled over and covered by a brick road, covered by multiple layers of asphalt.
- Both of the cats finally seem to understand that going out on the patio means staying WITHIN the patio border and not over onto the rubber decking. This makes their excursions outside with us much more relaxing.
- I’ve finished two interesting books this week – always a highlight for me.
- Qui-Gon Jinn sent a Facebook message to say she’s heading out our way for a graduation party, so we might be able to grab a bit of time together that weekend.
- And much, much more. I could probably make an equally long list of complaints, but I choose not to focus on those so I will not.